PREPARE TODAY TO WIN TOMORROW!
Team85 Football Academy is a 6-month elite player development program that focuses on building the total student-athlete through skill & position development, sports performance training, and mental conditioning. This program prepares athletes who are committed and driven, for the fierce competition that lies at varsity, collegiate and professional level football teams. If you want to be a great athlete it is not enough to play and practice any sport solely during the in-season.
Coaches and players around the world are recognizing this reality and academies such as the Team85 Football Academy are redefining the level of player that emerges when those Friday night lights illuminate the stadium. The difference between our program and theirs is that we win – and we mean that in the most complex of ways. At a simple level, yes, we prepare our players to win games. We condition our players to maintain momentum all the way through the fourth quarter and to be able to strategically understand the game in efforts to make strong decisions. Yet, what we define as winning is learning the process of winning. We work to develop a mentality within our players that centers around the play by play action as opposed to the result. When our players win, they know exactly what efforts led to that accomplishments. And vice versa if our players lose they know exactly the areas they need to improve to change that outcome the next round. That is what separates great players from good ones.
We enlist the best experts and motivators to not only take these athletes to the next level within this program but our platform prepares our players for academic success, recruitment, emotional maturity, leadership development and overall life skills that lead to success. You, your child or your player will benefit tremendously from this program and they will have a memorable time working toward their goals. We look forward to having you as part of the team.
Coaching is the cornerstone of all great programs and players.
- Kevin Johnson
- Aaron Beasley
- Chuck Morris
- Todd Smith
- Pat Domin
- Jesse Armstead
- Jerimiah Trotter
PROGRAM & HIGHLIGHTS
- Our Professional Coaching Staff has over 50 years of NFL playing experience
- Our program is hosted in our 45,000 sq. ft. climate controlled facility providing 80-yards of turf and training space
- Our program offers over 85 supervised workouts boasting over 250 hours of coaching
- Our sports performance program – Train Like the Pros (TLP) – is included
- Our program includes specialized tacks designed to improve player development, mentorship opportunity and recruitment guidance
- Learn the fundamental skills and technique necessary to succeed at a varsity level
- Learn transitioning and adaption skills that will serve you throughout your career
- Prepare and grow through challenging and competitive atmosphere
- Develop a meticulous focus to detail
- Develop skills necessary for early collegiate play
- Prepare for outside camps
- Quarter Backs: Footwork, Drops, Throwing Technique, Accuracy, Offensive Schemes, Reading Defense, Throwing Against Live Defenders
- Running Backs: Footwork, Vision, Explosiveness, Hand Eye Coordination, Ball Skills, Blocking, Compete vs Live Defenders
- Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: Stance, Footwork, Releases, Route Running, Transitional Phase Drills, Hand Eye Coordination, Ball Skills, Blocking, Compete vs Live Defenders
- Defensive Backs/Line Backers: Footwork, Run/Pass Keys, Read/React, Press Man/Off Man/ Zone Coverages, Ball Hawk Skills, Compete Vs Live Skills
- Offensive Linemen: Footwork, Explosiveness, Hand Placement, Eye Coordination, Blocking, Compete Vs Live Defenders
- Defensive Linemen: Footwork, Explosiveness, Hand Placement, Eye Coordination, Leverage, Compete vs Live Blockers
Every player will undergo a series of sports performance training designed to develop their:
- Jumping Ability
Players will undergo training designed to help them improve
- Diet/ Nutrition
Drills must be a step or sequence of steps in the progress of the overall scheme. Breaking down the whole scheme and teaching it in smaller pieces so that the players can perform each of the small steps needed to make the scheme work is a most critical aspect of each drill.
Developing an aggressive and confident mental toughness to match their physical toughness will improve the ability of the players to perform under pressure. The more players who can perform under pressure, the more players can be relied on to make an important play in a critical situation during a game.
- Strategy – How to play the game
- Study Techniques
- Quick Decision Making
- Tough Decision Making
- Leadership Skills
Having emotional maturity allows the student-athletes to have perspective and to deal with adversity. In life, the ability to deal with adversity and to put things in proper perspective will allow them to overcome obstacles, as well as have the ability to not dwell on their failures. These things will also have a positive impact on the football field.
- Clear Expectations
- Open Lines of Communication
- Clear Accountability
- Be HONEST
We believe a player’s education is the most important thing that they can obtain in their lives. An academic support program will be developed, run, and maintained where students can receive help in any academic classes in which they may be struggling. Many times, poor grades are a result of tardiness and/or absences. A strict attendance policy will be enforced on the football team. Missing class will be counted as missing a practice with appropriate discipline for each transgression. Developing good academic skills is a priority in the program.
- S.A.T Prep
Our S.A.T. prep program will offer many tools to help prepare our athletes for success. To include in depth study groups, practice test, subject breakdown. Powered by CollegeBoard and KhanAcademy. The College Board’s test developers and the online learning experts at Khan Academy worked together to bring you Official SAT Practice.
HOURS OF OPERATION
MONDAY – FRIDAY
4am – 11pm
SATURDAY – SUNDAY
6am – 8pm