team85 Fitness classes
Workout session with moves designed to use stability in order to give you inner strength, improve muscle mobility and reduce joint pain.
Designed to increase balance and stability. Stability Classes involve seated, supported or freestanding exercises to improve balance, mobility and core strength. Some equipment like a balance or “yoga ball” may be used for support.
- Stability classes help give you inner strength.
- It helps with core stability, engaging the abdominal muscle wall throughout the class.
- By engaging the core, it increases lean muscle mass while helping your balance and posture.
- These workout sessions concentrate on abdominal muscles, back and your core.
- It helps build muscle strength and stability, which protect you from injury.
- Stability classes ease stress on joints so that you’ll suffer less strain and feel stronger overall.
Most people think of the core as having a nice six pack or toned abs, however, the abdominal muscles are only a small part of a group of muscles which give us our core stability and strength.
The ‘core’ actually consists of many different muscles that stabilize the spine, pelvis and shoulder girdle and create a solid base of support. The benefits of a good strong core could be the reduction of back pain, as stronger, balanced core muscles help maintain appropriate posture and reduce strain on the spine. Also, the improvement of athletic performance, as all powerful movements originate from the centre of the body and radiate out to the limbs. – Source