team85 Fitness classes
Combining physical postures, breathing techniques, and meditation or relaxation, yoga is a guided practice focused on promoting mental and physical well-being through a guided journey of the self, to the self, through the self. All levels welcome.
The mind-body practice of yoga allows participants to meet themselves on their mats.
- Yoga Classes are base essentially in a spiritual discipline based on an extremely subtle science, which focuses on bringing harmony between mind and body. It is an art and science of healthy living.
- The word ‘Yoga’ is derived from the Sanskrit root ‘Yuj’, meaning ‘to join’ or ‘to yoke’ or ‘to unite’.
- Yoga improves strength, balance and flexibility.
- Slow movements and deep breathing increase blood flow and warm up muscles, while holding a pose can build strength.
- Since yoga classes are a gentle and slow exercise, almost anyone can do it, regardless of your age or fitness level. Yoga is a 5,000-year-old discipline from India. It was developed as a practice to unite the mind and body. Poses can be adapted to many levels of fitness, flexibility and strength.
- A set of specific exercises, called poses, combined with specific breathing techniques and meditation principles are the building blocks of yoga classes.
- “The purpose of yoga is to build strength, awareness and harmony in both the mind and body,” explains Natalie Nevins, DO, a board-certified osteopathic family physician and certified Kundalini Yoga instructor in Hollywood, California.
- Poses are customizable for different levels of flexibility and balance, and it’s goal is to improve with each session by practicing the same pose, stretching and breathing further out. This way, yoga helps to slowly improve resistance.
- Yoga is well-known for it’s back pain relieving and calming qualities.